Sunday, September 20, 2009
Soccer Update
Well, more of the same for an enjoyable Saturday of soccer. Kirstin even scored two goals (and after the first was seen jumping up and down - "I won, I won!"... still working on that 'team' concept. After the second, she came running off the field for a congratulatory hug... also still working on the 'listen to your coach' concept.) And I have to say thanks to the little girl, Emma, who passed to Kirstin as she happened to be in the right place/right time directly in front of the goal. Doug and I have decided that Emma has older brothers and sisters who play soccer and that she somehow from this has a jumpstart on the rest of the girls, as she just seems to get the whole jist of the game =o) Never-the-less they all have fun! And I will be proud that both of Kirstin's goals were kicked into the right goal - the opposing team had a little girl who 'scored' in our goal and was so proud of herself (and in case you were wondering, when you're playing 4-year-old soccer, the coaches still give you hi-fives and the crowd cheers for any goal you make - yours or the other team's). Oh, and the 'Frogs' name isn't so bad now, as the coach handed out hair ribbons with frogs on them at this game.