Friday, October 2, 2009

Halloween preview

We've been talking Halloween at our house...  and Kirstin has a very specific outfit in mind (though not what you'd probably expect!):

Mommy:  What do you want to be for Halloween this year?
[pause for the expected answer of 'a princess', more specifically, likely to be Aurora  (Sleeping Beauty)]
Kirstin: a kitty!
[pause for surprise and recovery - I can handle a kitty costume, what do I need other than ears and tail and makeup for whiskers?]
Mommy:  a kitty - that will be fun!  what color kitty?  a black kitty, or an orange kitty maybe?
Kirstin:  no, a colorful kitty.
Mommy: [still not getting it] oh, like a striped kitty or an orange and white tabby cat kitty?
Kirstin: no, a rainbow kitty.
[pause for determination on whether to laugh, quickly trying to figure out where this came from... she is completely serious]
Kirstin:  with wings; I want to fly.
Mommy:  so you want to be a flying rainbow colored kitty? that should be fun!
[hoping next time I ask this question the answer has changed - where in the world do you get a flying rainbow-colored cat costume?]

Though it turns out, she's sticking to this plan... now it's up to mom to be creative on the costume this year.  Should be interesting - now you can just wait for the pictures!