Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumpkin Guts

Kirstin to Daddy: "I'm not touching the pumpkin guts, you touch the pumpkin guts."  (maybe not a bad thing since she was adamant she was not changing out of her princess dress to carve a pumpkin... I'm not sure how well pumpkin guts come out of princess dresses.)  In the end she did help design the face and was brave enough to put the candle inside (being careful not to touch the guts).  They were quite proud of their jack-o-lantern.


Pumpkin Pics

In the end, Kirstin and Daddy did end up with a good-looking jack-o-lantern, and Doug and I are enjoying the roasted pumpkin seeds (our recipe selection is below from allrecipes.com - I recommend it!).

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
2.Combine the margarine, salt, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce and pumpkin seeds. Mix thoroughly and place in shallow baking dish.
3.Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.